Friday, May 4, 2007

I Love Loompya!

If you are looking for homestyle filipino food, Loompya's in Roseville is the place to go! Nothing fancy, even if you are eating there, you are served in takeout containers. It would be perfect takeout for a picnic lunch or an at home movie night. Go hungry. Both my husband and I ordered the BBQ combo. It came with choice of rice, noodles, 2 chicken thighs, 2 hefty-size pork skewers and loompya. All this for only $5.95 each! In fact, it was so cheap, we "splurged" at the end of the meal and got 10 loompyas for $1.99 to give to the friends babysitting for us.

The best part, it was NOT a chain!! Roseville has an over-abundance of chain restaurants. We are blessed (or cursed) with every type of restaurant chain you can imagine. Mom and pop places are few and far between. Sure there are a few exceptions like Amigos on Woodcreek Oaks and Mangia's on Douglas, but for the most part, there's alot of chains and franchises. So it was with relief that we stumbled on Loompya's.

P.S. Advertising in the back of a church bulletin works. At least it did for Loompya's :-)

1 comment:

Madeline said...

I always drive by there and wonder if it's any good! I am addicted to It's a Grind Vanilla Nut coffee, so I am there way too much. I'll give it a try next time.